Computer modelling of social phenomena
Hybrid interdisciplinary conference
December 16th, 2021
University Center for Culture, ul. Ciołkowskiego 1N, 15-245 Białystok
Society & Cognition Unit along with University Computational Center of University of Białystok are pleased to invite you to the conference on modelling social phenomena.
Computer-based methodologies have recently been applied with success to research questions within the social sciences. The aim of this conference is to look at some recent research that uses this methodology and to develop links between the different scientific communities involved.
10:00 am – 12:30 pm | First session
- Franciszek Rakowski, ICM University of Warsaw, “Epidemic modeling using a large-scale, spatially distributed agent model”
- Konrad Talmont-Kaminski, SCU University of Białystok, “Simulating Secularising Societies using agent-based models”
- Ivan Puga Gonzalez, NORCE Norwegian Research Centre, “Modelling Fuzzy Fidelity: Using microsimulation and agent-based modelling to understand secularization”
12:30 pm – 1:30 pm | Lunch break
1:30 pm – 3:00 pm | Second session
- Franciszek Rakowski, ICM University of Warsaw, “The formation of semantic categories in the evolution of language – agent modeling and color dictionary”
- Filip Dreger, ICM University of Warsaw, “Good programming practices in the agent epidemiological model”
- Witold Rudnicki, Computational Center of University of Białystok, “Identification of Informative Features in Data”